dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

We have just returned from holiday and second time

Customer Question

We have just returned from holiday and for the second time my son who has CP a has had another rash?? Ended up in hospital on a drip of antihistamines and cortisone please can I send you some photos ?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi did you receive the photos?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure my messages are being received? Please can you confirm?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis looks like a sun burn.was he in the sun for too long?sun burns can cause blisters.did he get too much sun on holiday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he didn't get too much sun ... But wondered if it was Polymorphic light eruption?
As I always put a hi factor on him?
Dr David are you dermatologist
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, it could very well be polymorphic light eruptionit is on sun exposed areas of his skin and his skin is reacting like a sun burn.your question was not answered in dermatology so it was moved into general medicine category.has he had this type of skin reaction before?The exact cause of polymorphous light eruption isn't well-understood.