DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My husband has severe rosacea. What should he do?

Customer Question

My husband has severe rosacea.
What should he do?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filled in the form with my own details, but the question is about my husband, who is 48 and male.
He started getting rosacea a few months ago, and it's getting worse.
I believe he has tried antibiotics, but I am not entirely sure.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloHe should see a dermatologist, first and foremost.If his GP will not refer him, then I suggest he ask for metrogel, which is a cream that is very effective in many cases. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.