DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Have been having blood test last few months, after

Customer Question

Have been having blood test for the last few months, after going to the doctors feeling run down and loosing weight, my white blood count was low the lowest being 2.6 after being tested again it went up to 3.1 I was then told to go back and be tested after 3 months, which I did this week and was told it had gone back up to 3.4 but my neutrophils had gone down by 1. Should I be worried as I was told to go back in 2 months to be re tested
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNoI would not be worried.We see this all the time.In the absence of other abnormalities on the CBC, it is meaningless.It is fine to monitor it, but you probably don't even need to do that. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.