Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a hard lump on the side heel of my foot with is sore

Customer Question

I have a hard lump on the side heel of my foot with is sore and I am getting shooting pains into my foot .. I thought it maybe a veruca but it's raised outwards .. Or a corn .. I have tried removal methods with bazzuka and filling but it grows back quickly and gets more sore
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It hurts to touch and feels sore to walk on it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please can someone am help , as I emailed this query last night . Thank You .. The app is saying it's an 8 minute wait
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
Can you please post a picture so that I can help you in a better way.Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please see the picture . It's getting more painful
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your response.You are having a plantar wart.You can try the following home remedies to help you out:Peeling medicine (salicylic acid). This is available without a prescription as a patch or liquid. Before applying it you should wash the site and soak it in warm water for up to twenty minutes. Then you should gently remove dead tissue with a pumice stone or emery board, and apply the solution or patch. Patches should usually changed every 48 hours. Liquid applications are generally used twice a day. You may not see results for several weeks.Freezing medicine (cryotherapy).In cryotherapy, liquid nitrogen is applied to your wart for a few seconds to freeze and destroy the affected skin cells. After treatment, a sore blister will form, followed by a scab, which will fall off 7-10 days later.A session of cryotherapy usually takes 5-15 minutes and can be painful. Large warts usually need to be frozen a few times before they clear up. You will probably need to wait a few weeks between each treatment.Duct tape.Treatment with duct tape involves placing a piece of duct tape over your wart for about six days. If the tape falls off, simply replace it with a fresh piece. After six days, remove the tape and soak the wart in water.After soaking the wart, use an emery board or pumice stone to get rid of any rough areas. Leave the wart uncovered overnight and apply a new piece of duct tape the following morning. This procedure should be repeated for a period of up to two months.If your symptoms persist you must be seen to get prescription strength medications or to have this removed at the GP's office via a small procedure.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate a rating before you leave.Kindest regards