DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had acne years (I'm 19). I have tried lots of

Customer Question

I have had acne for 10 years (I'm 19). I have tried lots of topical creams and tablets, I've been on the pill for several years and am still experiencing problems with major hormonal breakouts- usually cystic, blackheads and whiteheads all month and redness all over my face. I have very dry, pale and sensitive skin.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's some pictures of my current situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do to reduce redness, and stop breakouts for good?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloAcne is not just about creams, pills and hormones.Diet is extremely important.Go on an anti inflammatory, nutrient dense diet.This has cleared up chronic acne for many many people, and avoided the side effects of stronger medications. The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like thisleafy greensgreen veggiesother veggieswhole fruit, beans and peasWhole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refinedSeeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.A little tofu or tempeh dailyA little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurtThe soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.