Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

Only across the upper middle of my back there's a 'painful&#

Customer Question

Only across the upper middle of my back there's a 'painful' prickly feeling. Nothing to be seen however. It feels almost like sunburn - and nowhere else on my body
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely called neuralgia. Nerve inflammation due to the pressure from spine arthritis is a common cause. Shingles is another common cause. Topical Capsaicin ointment can be tried for symptom relief. Prescription medications like Gabapentin and lidocain patch will also help. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/