Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a red mark with a darkish centre on my waistline

Hi, I have a red mark with a darkish centre on my waistline about 2 inches below my belly button. It's been there for a while know, about 2 years from memory. Thought it would just go away over time but it hasn't.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Caught it today an something leaked out which smelt pretty bad!
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that this is a small cyst under the skin that happens due to blockage of the glands under the skin.When it becomes infected it can become painful and leak fluid that smells bad.I think that you would require a course of an antibiotic and I would also like that you should have this taken care of i.e. removed if possible since it has been there for so long.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions.I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine