Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

What is the best treatment , I sometimes get a bad

what is the best treatment for itch, I sometimes get a bad itch in my groin and testicles area which becomes sore from scrarching
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.At the area that you mentioned, fungal infections are the most common cause of itching as it is a moist area where fungi like yeast thrive.I would recommend using over the counter antifungal creams such as miconazole or clotrimazole in combination with hydrocortisone (they come in various brand and the combination of these two is available all over the world).Using one of these will help with your symptoms.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards