Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Under my both armpits i have painful sore red bumps which hurt

Customer Question

Under my both armpits i have painful sore red bumps which hurt when i touch them or move my arms.
I have been getting these for years, approximatelt happens once every 2 months. They gradually dissapear after 7-10 days. They do not pop or have puss.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have a picture or two that you could attach on here.Have you been seen for this?Any tests done?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uploaded pics
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.You are most likely having furuncles that are recurrent i.e. happen very often.Furuncles, also called as boils, are a deep infection of the glands around the hair follicle and when these glands becomes infected these fill up with pus.Having boils time and again could be a feature of diabetes therefore I would recommend that you should have a blood test or have your blood glucose tested in a pharmacy with a glucometer to have that considered and ruled out.Also boils can happen in people who sweat a lot or people who are involved in sports so that may be a cause in your case as well.I would recommend that you should shave the hair in this area and apply regular topical antibiotic creams or antiseptics like after-shave gel on here to help prevent these from happening.You should try and keep this area as clean and dry as possible.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards