DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have uneven skin tone which makes me self conscious. My face

Customer Question

I have uneven skin tone which makes me self conscious. My face is quite tan but the rest of my body are lighter; my hands are pale. I've spent more than 3 years trying different products from soaps, scrubs and lotions but none of them seem to do the job well. I wear sun cream everyday, I rarely go out and I stress every morning painting my face with makeup as I also suffer from eczema. I hate how many people notice the difference of my skin tone when I lean my face against my hand and they tend to confuse my mother to be someone else as she is very pale! Please help. Thank you!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need to see a dermatologist.Over the counter products are not going to help you.Skin can be lightened but it depends on the condition.With hydroguinone compounded with other ingredients , for example.Trying it on your own is not going to work, or will make it worse.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed [http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/] and ask “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.Here is that link again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/