dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am 19 year old (Male) and past 2 and a half years

Customer Question

Hi, I am 19 year old (Male) and for the past 2 and a half years I have endured real issues with the skin on my cheeks and on the side of my face (Mainly left side). My skin constantly has a reddish dry complexion and every time I get told to use moisturiser the redness on my cheeks get a lot more noticeable and I almost always break out in spots on my cheeks and the side of my face. This has been a massive source of embarrassment to me, in fact id go as far to say that it has taken over my life. I don't go out anymore I literally just sit in my room the prospect of going out in public is something I used to love but now it honestly terrifies me. My general health has suffered quiet a lot as well as a result of the condition of my skin, for example I quit my football team and stopped my gym membership because of my skin problems. I just feel as if all eyes are on me at all times looking at my skin and being grossed out. I know that there are people in the world with real problems and I should be thankful that I am in good health and believe me I truly am but I have been fighting this skin condition and the anxiety that comes with it for the last 2 and a half years and I am loosing badly. I just want to start living again as oppose to just existing, If anyone has any information of what this might be and how I could potentially get this issue resolved would be greatly appreciated.
I have been to the doctors recently for something not skin related and I have no under lining medical issue at this time.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Please post a picture here so that i can give you best advise.