Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

There,Within the past 3 days I have noticed tiny scab marks

Hi there,Within the past 3 days I have noticed tiny scab marks on both of my arms. They look like insect bites, now normally I wouldn't come on here to pay money for medical advice but the reason I am seeking this service is because I saw an escort 6 weeks ago and I am aware that even though the risk is low of catching anything, there is still somewhat a risk. With me giving you a full description of my problem, I want to know with your expert advice if it resembles anything like a STD infection or whether it is indeed insect bites.Basically it started out as white flakes/scab marks on my arms, so I picked them and now they have turned into tiny red scabs. My question is through looking at the pictures should I be concerned about this? Or does it seem very minor and I should not worry? The marks do not itch, nor do I have any other symptoms at all.However I did get similar marks on my face two years ago, and I have noticed that 3 and a half weeks ago, the exact same marks have been spotted under my lip area and even on my tongue. However the scabs I have spotted on under my lips and tongue are dot like, and they disappear after a couple of days. I repeat there is no pain, itch or any other discomfort. So far I have theorized that these are insect bites, but what do you think? I researched things like herpes and scabies infection, but even though I am not a doctor, I don't think what I have falls into this category, obviously correct me if I am wrong, but another problem I have is I although I can make an appointment to see my doctor, by the time my appointment manifests from two or three days of making the appointment, the scab marks are nearly gone. I have recently been tested for STD's at my local GU clinic and all tests came back negative, although I understand herpes and probably other infections cannot be tested for. Eager to hear your advice, thank you!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please send me a clearer picture with better lighting, if possible.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. SH, thanks for responding to my question. I have posted three new pictures which i hope are much clearer, these are the clearest pictures I could take. I myself are coming to the conclusion that the marks I had on my face 2 years ago are different in nature to these marks despite them looking similar. The ones I had on my face and the recent ones I had under my lips and tongue healed without further progression in 3 days at most. These marks on my arms are very strange, they have been there since Sunday, and for some reason aren't healing, or not healing as fast I should say.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.This does not seem like any sexually transmitted disease at all.I would not worry whatsoever.The most likely cause of this is folliculitis which is an infection of the hair follicle or another reason could be an infection of the glands around the hair follicle.I would not be concerned about any STD at all whatsoever.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry i pressed that phone call request button by mistake. Ignore that i just have some remaining questions then ill be on my way. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the pictures you'll notice a tiny red dot like mark, the marks that appeared on my face two years ago and the ones that i spotted under my lip area are exactly the same as these. Now if these marks are caused by hair follicle reasons, then whats causing the ones that are appearing around the face and under lip area? Are these insect bites likely? 2 years ago i got them frequently around the nose area and near the hair line around the forehead. Now theyll appear very rarely but i still spot them from time to time.My 2nd question is i sleep with my wife and been with her the whole time and she does not have these marks. If these are insect bites then why am i being bitten and not her?Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Folliculitis is very common in any part of the body and almost everyone has had it once.So I think this is nothing to worry about at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much! Thats great.