dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have regular breakouts on my face sometimes with red large

Customer Question

I have regular breakouts on my face sometimes with red large boils on my cheeks. I don't have breakouts anywhere else on my body and my face isn't covered in spots. My face is never smooth. I was told if I went to a dermatologist they could test my skin to see if I'm allergic to any of the products I use on my face?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for asking your question.

Do you have any itching with the boils? Is it possible to forward a photograph?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not large boils as such. It's more of a regular breakout and I'm a dancer and I'm not sure if it could be the products I'm using in my face I wondered if I was allergic to some products and want to know if I should be tested
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the picture. This appears to be much more consistent with acne than an allergy to products. Of course, some products can plug up pores and be comedogenic. Which products are you using? Would you like over the counter advise or prescription advice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you send me advice on what to use over the counter and maybe something I could ask my doctor for please