dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a lot of Mila on my forehead, chin and cheeks and am

Customer Question

I have a lot of Mila on my forehead, chin and cheeks and am getting depressed that I can't get rid of them as I can't see to do it, please help
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for asking your question. Milia can be treated but it takes patience and a good aesthetician. Medically, a Retinoid at night and a product with Salicylic acid ( a Beta hydroxyacid) in the morning. My preference is Tazorac cream 0.05 to begin and advancing to Tazorac Cream 0.1 at night. If this is not available without prescription in the UK, then Retin A cream 0.05 at night. If you would like an over the counter recommendation then RoC Retinol Corexion Max Resurfacing Wrinkle Cream. This product contains Retinol which, though not as strong as Retin A, is milder and is an over the counter product. I would recommend Cerave SA Renewing Cream in the morning.

Find a good aesthetician. They should perform a deep pore cleansing with extractions. I would wait follow the above regimen for a month, however, before using their services. I would also recommend a pumpkin peel, either professionally performed by the aesthetician or at home. Pumpkin contains high levfels of salacylic acid which will open up your pores and works to free them of keratin ( the substance that inside the milia).

Be patient.

In our office, we have cured numerous patients with the same regimen.

I would be happy to answer further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your suggestions, I will try and buy the products over the counter, doctors aren't very interested I have found. What is an aesthetician and where would I find one please? I live in Salisbury, Wiltshire.