dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

At the end of February I returned from a holiday in the

Customer Question

At the end of February I returned from a holiday in the Canaries. Rain everyday except the last one which I spent walking in the sun without sunscreen. Two days later a rash appeared on the exposed areas of my arms and neck. Having lived in Africa for 30 years I was very surprised at this reaction. and the constant itching. I went to the doctor who prescribed antihistamines and Evmovate.
After 2 weeks the rash was now advancing over my body especially my legs - I was prescribed Dermol.
Another 3 weeks after no positive result I was prescribed Diprosone.
This worked up to a point but I now have severe itching in one ear and despite washing my hair with Nizarole, as suggested, my head itches and is covered in tiny scabs.
The medical conclusion is that I have developed excessively dry skin, buy why now? I'm 72 yrs old and in good health. I feel I'm not getting the correct answers and wonder if homeopathy would help. Any advice you can give me is very welcome.
Mrs Frances **********, Bridport, Dorset
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your rash.

can you upload a clear jpg photo of your skin so I can better assess your rash.

you need blood test to check for thyroid hormone levels which can affect cause rash

you need blood work to check for elevated WBC counts.

do you have animals in your home? they can contact fleas and cause bites.

you need to check your bed for bed bugs which can cause bites on your scalp.

you need your skin to be checked for scabies as well.