How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2779
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now

I suffer from spots under the skin around my chin and jaw

Customer Question

I suffer from spots under the skin around my chin and jaw line and cheek bone area including around my ears. I suffered for years but the doctors have just prescribed topical treatments which don't do anything. The spots do not come to a head and are hard underneath and can take weeks or months to go. I'm 36 and my face looks a mess and there is no time that my face isn't covered in this spots. I'm looking at going back as I've had enough now.
I do not wear make up.
Any help would be appreciated
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Helen,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


What if your diagnosis?

Please attach a picture here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund please. I'm going to pay private and see a local dermatologist. I came on here for help but after 24 hours all I have is someone asking me if I have a diagnosis! That's why I thought I would use this site.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


We do not diagnose or treat on the site.

I am an expert that was alerted to your question and answered immediately.

We have nothing to do with how your question is set up or submitted to us.

It would seem to be almost medical malpractice to treat a rash for years with no diagnosis, that is why I asked you.

Can you attach a picture?

By the way, I have nothing to do with site delays, I log in as you do.