DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm a 47 healthy male 6 months ago I had a left foot heal

Customer Question

I'm a 47 healthy male
6 months ago I had a left foot heal bone osteoporotic , the incisions were infected and I was given antibiotics to leave with, I had to return to Winchester hospital on a weekly basis to have the plaster cast replaced and the wounds cleaned and dressed in the 'non sterile ' plaster Bay. After 4 weeks and no improvement they gave me a high dosage of further antibiotics, eventually after 3 months the wounds started to heal, however I was left in discomfort, with the two screws in the back of my heal protruding into my skin,
3 months ago I suddenly lost all the oils and moisture from my hair and skin, I'm naturally olived skinned and my skin is oily, my skin became very dry and flaky and my hair brittle and started falling out, my GP said it was Exzma ! I have never had dry skin!! He then gave me a course of Permithidine antibiotics, I then started to get spots and rashes all over my body ranging from tiny red spots, brown , black and white, my veins in my hands came up and thicker my knuckles went red sore and the skin elastic, red and white blotchy palms. My feet sporadically go all purple and small dark veins appear then go, my skin is bronzing evenly all over without sun tanning, in the evenings the skin becomes paler and scaly, I've had big pus spots around nipple, knees and lower back, my skin has now become really soft and it absorbs all moisture quickly without hydrating it? I never normally burn and my face is burning just in normal sunshine without much exposure??! My eyesight has rapidly gone downhill and my breathing erratic, I was concerned and went to a&e and they did tests and said it "might" be Lymes Disease and sent me away we another course of Antibiotics - Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for a fortnight, I am now getting extra hairs "fibres" sprouting all over me! Help!
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You have not really stated a question.

Please realize that we do not diagnose or treat you here: we answer questions.

I am assuming you think something is going on that your doctors have not checked.

One is thyroid.

Your TSH, if over 2.5 [you need to know the exact value] as part of the thyroid function blood test would indicate a hypothyroid state. This would account for many of your symptoms.

If doxycycline does not help, this is not lyme.

Eczema is of unknown cause, but has do do with the immune system.

You have had a LOT of antibiotics. This disrupts the bowel flora and the natural immunity from that flora.

A mega dose pro biotic is going to be needed.

A pre biotic diet is going to be needed.

Needless to say, this is all probably beyond your doctors level of training.

The good news is that the Insititute of funcitonal medicine trained a couple of groups of doctors in the UK, who are trained in underlying disease mediators.

Call the institute here for a referral

www.functionalmedicine.org

You need to start a pre biotic anti inflammatory diet immediately

The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt

The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/