dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My skin has become really dry and my under eyes have lost a

Customer Question

My skin has become really dry and my under eyes have lost a significant amount of volume. This started about 11 years ago and now I have virtually no fat under my eyes. I first started losing fat under my eyes at 17. I was putting deodrant on my face and using glycolic pads as my skin was crazy oily. I would sweat my makeup off after an hour of putting it on. I had thick long hair and long nails. Now after a period of consistently losing fat there for 10 years, the area is extremley hollow and dark. My skin has also become very dry, acne, rough texture bumps. My scalp is flaky and my hair brittle. I lost myhairline from hair just falling out at the front. My nails are brittle, ridged and break easily. I also have really bad calluses on my toes. My lips are so dry. I went to a dermatologist who said I have oily skin amd may have dehydration. When i put on makeup, it is uneven, dry loo*****, *****chy.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used moisturisers for oily skin in the past and they made my skin worse. I lost hair had scabs on my scalp. Visible flakiness on the cheek and chin. I tried applying oils to my skin whilst wet after a shower. With baby oil, almond oil,shea oil, coconut oil. After the first hour my skin would be drier than before with wrinkled lips, even hollower eyes spots all over and severe, immediate hair loss. I tried patting my skin dry or with just a little bit of water and then applying oils to skin. This works for 3 days then my skin got even more flaky, hard, cracked lips. I find that now the only thing that kind of works is patting myself dry after a shower with e45 cream wash or aqueous cream and applying eucerin original healing cream.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is also important to add that i did not moisturise at all until about the last 2 years. Either body or face. I was just using foaming cleansers on my face and dove soap on the body.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

this is Dr. David

that is good that moisturizers now are working for you like the eucerin healing cream

you should see a doctor and get blood thyroid hormone levels checked. abnormal thyroid hormone levels can affect the skin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shantal, thank you for your help. Yes I would like to leave it open but not for dermatologists who will be charging more. I may as well physically see a dermatologist if I wanted to pay more
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

did you see my response above?