Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Our 8 year old grandson will be holidaying with s parents in

Customer Question

Our 8 year old grandson will be holidaying with his parents in our holiday home in France. He has Molluscum Contagiosum. It will be warm so we are not sure his rash will be covered up all the time. He will be sitting on soft furnishing and PVC garden furniture. The floor is carpeted.
My wife is receiving treatment for cancer which reduces her immune system. We were hoping to travel out to our holiday home 1 week after our grandson and his parents have left.
How long does the Molluscum Contagiosum virus survive outside the body ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

usually molluscum contagiosum can survive on moist surfaces for 24 hours and dry surfaces for up to 4 hours. and dark moist surfaces for up to 48 hours.

https://lookfordiagnosis.com/faq.php?term=Molluscum+Contagiosum&lang=1

I am a cancer doctor

even in a patient who has cancer and is immunocompromised, this virus most likely will not cause problems or complications.

what cancer therapy is your wife receiving?

a good cleaning of the house when your wife gets there or before should be fine to kill the virus on surfaces.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com