DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Past few years I've been suffering with a dry redness that

Customer Question

For the past few years I've been suffering with a dry redness that comes and goes randomly.. Appears around my eyes and mouth, on my throat, inner elbows and wrists. I have sensitive skin and have to moisturise often during the day with aveeno cream. it usually lasts a few days then goes and can come back a few times a month.. I've had steroid based creams and various moisturiser in the past and nothing seems to help.. Are there any natural products that I can buy to help? I was reccomended manuka honey but a lot of things just seem to irritate it and make it worse..
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uploaded some photos, at the moment it's fairly mild, it can get a lot redder and dry, also sometimes swell up and my eyes become puffy, I take anti histamines also incase it's something I'm allergic to as I also suffer from hayfever
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

this does not look like eczema or a skin disease.

Autoimmune disease problems can cause these findings.

You need to see an internal medicine doctor for the following tests.

All routine labs and urinalysis.

Thyroid function panel.

ANA panel

Sed rate or CRP.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/