dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have had an issue with skin on the base/tip of my nose 5

Customer Question

Hi I have had an issue with skin on the base/tip of my nose for around 5 months now. Previous to this I had a small unnoticeable pigmentation mark left on my nose from a spot. After 4 months I started to notice it felt sore and itchy and was red for a little while. Soon this whole area came up with dry tan skin which eventually went away. But now it seems it has spread to the other side/ tip of my nose and both sides are extremely itchy and painful. Though there is not much to see, no redness just a little peeling that seems to leave little holes when it peels. I thought it may be sebboric dermatitus but is it normal to be in this much pain?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

it could be seborrheic dermatitis. do you have oily skin on your nose

have you had a lot of sun exposure on your nose skin? prior sun burns?

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the tip of your nose so I can better help you?