Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a problem with fungical infection of my toe nails. I

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a problem with fungical infection of my toe nails. I have tried about anything available on the market and nothing works! Last thing my GP has given me is Amorolfine 5% but after applying it all the time in line with the application recommendation there is no growth of the healthy nail.
I'm desperate to make some progress as my toe nails look ugly!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is common for topical medicine to fail to eradicate toe nail fungus. The amorolfine is as good as anything on the market, but still may not be able to clear the infection. Oral antifungal medicines are more effective, although it will still take months of treatment. The most effective treatment is to use a combination of topical and oral medicines. The oral antifungal medicines, though, are only available by prescription. If you want the treatment that is most likely to make a difference, then you should discuss oral medicine or combination therapy with your doctor.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.