Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've always had oily spot prone but the oilyness never

Hi I've always had oily spot prone but the oilyness never really bothered than a few mon the I was put on dual and differinn to help but since than my face has got really oily mainly my nose and forehead which in turn is causing more spots.it's so embarrassing and is string to make me depressed.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please post a picture here for me to see so that I can give you a better

opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bumps have calmed down typically but still oily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just washed my face
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

You are most likely having a condition called as Rosacea.

The first line treatment of this condition is a topical antibiotic like clindamycin cream or metronidazole cream along with using sunscreens everyday (SPF 50+). Make sure that you use sunscreen specific for your oily skin type.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do submit a rating when you are done.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried differin and duac and they made my face more oily plus if I put any type of cream on my face after an hour my face looks likes it's melting.is there any suncream you recommend.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You should use the duac for at least three to four weeks to see some improvement.

Improvement is a gradual process and will take sometime.

Here is a link that gives you various brand names of noncomedogenic or nongreasy sunscreens that you can use:

http://www.theprettyu.com/reviews-of-10-best-non-comedogenic-sunscreen-for-face-with-sensitive-skin/

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on duac for 4 months and whilst it did help with the spots my oil production was so noticeable I had to stop it.I was under the impression rosacea was just redness of the face?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

No it is just just redness of the face.

Have you been to a skin doctor for this?

Have you received any official diagnosis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've been to my to my doctor and asked to be referred to a dermatologist but they have to try treating it with different medications first.sorry dies your answer say rosacea is or isn't just redness.I have a lot of small spits on my forehead which you can't really see but you can feel them especially in the shower.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, yes it is not just redness of the face. Sorry for the typo.

I think that the noncomedogenic sunscreen would help.

I would recommend trying metronidazole cream of the duac has not helped any like you mentioned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay il speak to my doctor about that thank you.in colder months I come in from the cold to the warm and my face goes bright red that's a symptom of rosecea isn't it so it could make sense now to that being what it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry one more thing can it cause oily skin though.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Yes exactly exposure to cold to the warm and change in the color of your face does go in favor of rosacea which is what I think you have.

Oily skin is very typical of rosacea.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please do rate me before you leave as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any tablets that help and should I be doing anything else to my face I just wash it with mineral water twice a day.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

There are tablets as well that can be used but only after topical treatment has failed.

Please rate me before we proceed.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Are you with me?Let me know if you have more questions.It is only when you rate me, is when I am credited for helping you out.Please do rate me, if possible.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question than il rate you for your help.my doctor has prescribed metronidazole as he agrees with it being roseacea the cream leaves my face oily by the afternoon and I've had quite a few white heads appear.does the cream cause it to become slightly worse before it gets better and how long before I see results.should I use my natural ph cleanser still?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Yes, initially the cream does actually make it a little worse before making it better.

So I would recommend continuing on that.

You can, in the meantime, continue using the natural pH cleanser as well if you desire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again I woke up this morning with my skin looking quitell nice.went out this afternoon and once I got home and had dinner in looked in the mirror and I had small red pimples everywhere new whiteheads and a sheen of oil across my entire face.why would my roseacea do that.could it be the cream!