dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a strange looking bit of skin near my nose which I

Customer Question

Hello, I have a strange looking bit of skin near my nose which I was looking to get an opinion on
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: It is whiter than normal skin, slightly raised and I was worried it might be a potential skin cancer issue
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for asking your question. Is it possible to send a photograph? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my apologies I accidentally asked the same question twice as I couldn't find my password ***** ended up accidentally resubmitting the question again!I couldn't ask you a question regarding rosacea instead if possible?I have quite bad rosacea on the right hand side of my face and I have tried Metrogel , Metrocream and oral antibiotics along with a number of non prescription products and avoiding triggers but nothing seems to reduce the constant stinging/redness/mild swelling even though it has been there a number of years, although I have managed to control the spots I get. Is there any other treatment you would recommend in this situation which might help it? I was looking at maybe a topical steroid but the side effects look terrible.I assume it is rosacea due to these characteristics rather than anything else given it was exacerbated by a bad sun exposure incident several years ago when I accidentally got sunburned two days in a row. I did have it before then but wasn't as bad and there was no stinging or swelling - only redness and spots.