DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Both my kids have red bumps on the pad of their fingers.

Customer Question

Hi, both my kids have red bumps on the pad of their fingers. We're in a really hot place right now so it might be a slight burn, but I'm worried it could also be an infection. My son (7) has it on all his fingers bar the thumbs and my daughter (9) on the middle fingers and on 3 toes.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Thanks for the question.

It can be hand foot and mouth disease.

This is a virus.

IT is harmless.

They might not develop any symptoms at all other than this.

Glad to look at a picture here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas