Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a rash come up on both my hips. It started on the

Customer Question

Hi I have a rash come up on both my hips. It started on the left side as a bruise looking mark about 1 inch in size and oval shape, now it seems to have appeared as a rash. I have pictures if it can help.
Paul
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 12 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 12 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Love.

Could you attach pictures of the rash?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dear Sir I am very disappointed with this service as it has taken you more than 24 hours to reply and you are asking if I have found the answer yet for which you charged me for. No I do not have the answer.

I am sorry for the delay, but the moderator that asked if you had found the answer also asked other experts to assist you and I asked if you could attach a picture of the rash.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Pictures have been attached.

No pictures have come through the system. Did you use the icon on the toolbar that looks like a paper clip?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have attached them via the telephone that says add files, I have added them again

The pictures came through this time.

This does look like there is blood collecting under the skin along with a rash. The most common reason for this in this location is a fungal infection of the skin which is then scratched or rubbed to cause the blood collection under the skin. Even if you are not scratching or rubbing the area while awake, you may be doing so while asleep.

A definitive diagnosis can be done by your doctor scraping the skin and performing a microscopic examination. However, another option that you can do at home would be a trial of an ove the counter antifungal medicine, such as clotrimazole.