Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is my tongue ok? Please view picture. Further back it looks

Customer Question

Is my tongue ok? Please view picture . Further back it looks red/sore
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ignore beard it's just moisturiser in it.Some more pictures
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What symptoms are you having?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

In reviewing the picture, it mostly looks OK, although the tongue may be dry. Dryness can be difficult to assess on a picture, but if you are having symptoms of a dry mouth, then it would be appropriate to consider interventions to improve moisture in the mouth. Increasing oral fluid intake can help, but most people do better to use interventions that increase saliva production, such as sucking on hard candy.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The only problem is dry mouth and throat. Also a very hoarse voice, feels like I have to clear my throat before or after talkingThe issue was I've been waiting over 24 hours for a response so I've only just checked back inSo you think the appearance of the tongue is considered "normal" medically?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to add that I actually have a lot of saliva, probably too much. But my throat and mouth still feel dry

Yes, the tongue looks normal, other than appearing dry, as I noted above. Even if you subjectively feel that your saliva is normal, it may help to ease the sensation of dryness to suck on hard candy.