dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I had sex with a sex worker 7 days ago, I used a condom but

Customer Question

I had sex with a sex worker 7 days ago, I used a condom but didn't for oral sex (me receiving).A couple days later I had symptoms of pee-burning (I have reoccurring UTIs and it was a similar feeling but not as bad) and also urethritis imflammation - no other symptoms were present.I was told by an online doctor to take 1g of Azithromycin which I did on the third day after sexually interaction. The urethitis has gone down a lot but it is still a little bit there.On the same day just before taking the anti-biotic, my foreskin started to be a little bit thicker than usual and a pink/reddish ring started to develop over the next couple of days around the foreskin.I was told by my online doctor to take Canesten cream which didn't work so well for it.Then just today I went to a clinic for STI, HIV, Syphillis etc at the doctors - I provided her with a urine sample for a DNA test to look for multiple types of bacteria that could be causing an STI, no blood work was done for Syphillis or HIV. I will have the results in two days.She also gave me betamethasone for my foreskin issue and gave me Flucozole 150mg to take one every three days.I took the Flucozole tablet once I got back home, and an hour or so later I started to itch everywhere but not painfully, literally just like light itches on my arms, my scalp, a bit on my face, my legs etc and felt a bit strange. I don't know if it was just me but It felt like an allergic reaction.I went to ER based on advice I received and the doctor checked out my skin and I showed him that I had tiny red and white dots in random places on my body.This doctor asked to see my penis in which he said he could barely see the pink/red ring in foreskin and that the urethitis looked like it was going down.He was concerned about the small dots and itchying but said he would need to a blood test to find out if Syphilis or HIV perhaps.The nurse me a shot (not sure what if) in my buttock area just in case of gonareha I think and also told me to stop taking the Flucozole capsules and Betamethasone cream.He then prescribed me Doxcycline just in case of potential gonahrea and anti-histamine for the itching 'Chlorpheniramine'.I have now gone home and taken the Doxcycline and i am not going to take the Chlorpheniramine as I don't feel too itchy right now but might later.Tomorrow he wants me to do blood tsst for Syphilis and HIV.Questions:
- In your opinion what does this sound like - yeast infection, STI or Syphilis/HIV?
- Would you continue to take the steriod cream for the pinkish ring on foreskin?
- Is there anything else I should know?p.s I have attached photos of marks on both arms
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have marks and itchiness elsewhere but it was easiest for me to share arm photos.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

The pictures did not attach. Please use the paperclip on your screen