wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I started getting very swollen eyes both underneath and on

Customer Question

I started getting very swollen eyes both underneath and on top on one side. Eventually I realised that there was something in there as they moved. I dermarolled my eyes and put manuka honey on. To my horror los of parasites started coming out. Ever since this is happening daily and they also go to my back. I have slug like things under both eyes and over one eye. They make my skin rough and scaly and cover the area in white stuff. They seem to feed from the inner corner and outer corner of my eyes . This all started after I started using contact lenses, I wasn't taught I just used them myself and I don't think that I fully understood how to apply them under sterile conditions. I don't know what to do. No one understands but I'm a mess both physically and mentally now. I've tried to help myself by researching but it's just getting worse the more I do .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any samples of these bugs?

Do you have any pictures?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have sent off samples and am still waiting for results. I am not on any other medication although I did do a parasite cleanse x2 so that's probably why the problem became worse for a while. I don't have any other medical problems. The problem ( looking back) started when I started using contact lenses and I wasn't aware how to do it and it used to take me a long long time to get them in. In my opinion the bugs or whatever entered at this time and lay dormant until I started messing about realising they were there. They have a burrow either side of my eyes and have put a white line under and over my eyes connecting them both. If I get them off they come back. They dissolve anything they don't like by excreting a fluid from my bot***** *****d .
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

As much as you might not like to hear this it sounds to me like you are not actually suffering from parasitic infections -- and this is why your doctors can't find them and none of your treatments are working -- but rather you suffer from a common psychiatric condition where you BELIEVE you have parasites.

Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/11/e131.full

This condition is very difficult to treat, as you might imagine.

I suggest you consult with a medical team well versed in helping patients such as yourself.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep I've heard that docs will say delusional parasites, thanks anyway. I am intelligent and have never had dillusions before!! But it's not to be ruled out should the test come back negative. Thanks for your honest reply.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's ok you can only do so much over the internet. If my test comes back negative then I'll know that I'm a raving loony ������
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would give you excellent feedback but maybe just maybe you are wrong. God forbid but it's not giving me the option anyway
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Not necessarily....you can have this issue and not be a raving loonie ;)

I could be wrong.....I've been wrong before (just as my wife!)

I wish you the very best.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just keeps saying I've been referred to a new dermatologist and not giving me the option to rate you . Sorry I'd give 5 stars if I could
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Thanks :)