dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have had a lesions removed by surgery in Greece June 2016.

Customer Question

I have had a lesions removed by surgery in Greece June 2016. The histology came back with a diagnosis of Melanoma in situ, Breslow 0.3mm, Clark:II. The skin removed was the size of 2.7 x 1.5 x .5.
I was advised to have further margins removed, this was done in the UK October 2016. Size skin removed was 45 x 12 x.5.
The biopsy has come back with a recommendation for re-excision as the margins show ‘residual atypical melanocytic proliferation’
I have been told I need this procedure done by a Plastic Surgeon. Can you please advise what the best treatment for this is. Is Mohs something I should consider?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 8 months ago.

do you still need help on this?

just click send to reply