dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I'd really appreciate your opinion on treating eczema. I've

Customer Question

Hello, I'd really appreciate your opinion on treating eczema.
I've taken my 11 month old daughter to my GP several times. She was initially given daktarin for a rash; mostly in her arm creases and neck folds. The cream did not get rid of the rash after 2 weeks of treatment but daktacort did, so gp believes rash to be eczema rather than fungal.
Since then the rash has appeared in small raised patches on trunk, legs but is most obvious in neck and arm creases and around ankles. At my most recent GPs visit, having seen my daughter the gp prescribed clobetasol to be used very sparingly for no longer than a week. My question really is, is this steriod too strong for an 11 month old or would you advise the same? Thanks, Aly.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Are you able to upload a picture here?

Are these rashes itchy and oozing fluid?