Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I seem to have eczema/dermatitis on my eyelids and the skin

Customer Question

I seem to have eczema/dermatitis on my eyelids and the skin under my eyes. It came up within the last 3 months, I thought it might be a reaction to a new makeup product or face wash/face cream but I changed all of them and its not getting any better. I have tried to use ointments and balms and eye creams to get rid of it and treat it but nothing seems to clear it up. It is tight and painful and scaly. I get Eczema on my feet and suffered badly from it as a child but never had it on and around my eyes, I also suffer from mild acne which is why i'm so confused. It's making my skincare difficult to treat the acne and my eczema at the same time
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you upload a clear photo of your eyes and face?

I am sorry you are having these issues

you may need to see your GP doctor and get a prescription for steroid eye drops or antifungal eye drops to help the skin under your eyes.

you may also need a prescription steroid cream for under your eyes to help calm down bad eczema.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is the only clear photo I can upload. I guess it's more flaky and dry than red and inflamed as I do keep it hydrated the best I can but it never goes away completely and it makes my skin itchy and wrinkly. I've been laying off the eye makeup for a while thinking that might help but it hasn't.Any over the counter suggestions?

you can try over the counter antifungal cream like clotrimazole 1% twice a day and 1% hydrocortisone anti itch cream for 1-2 weeks and see if that can help

you can also try hyuronic acid as a skin moisturizer which can help very dry skin

https://www.pipingrock.com/personal-care/hyaluronic-acid-serum-39168

I have used this one before for skin moisturization.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com