Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I believe I have rosacea on my face, I have read that it can

Customer Question

I believe I have rosacea on my face , I have read that it can be caused by over population of demotex mites, please can you recommend a treatment for same, Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

how old are you?

most cases of rosacea are not caused by overpopulation of demoxtex mites

most experts think that abnormalities of blood vessels in the skin of the face is what causes rosacea.

Recent studies have shown the drug brimonidine (Mirvaso) to be effective in reducing redness. It is applied to the skin as a gel. It works by constricting blood vessels. You may see results within 12 hours after application.

Other topical products that have been shown to reduce redness and the pimples of mild rosacea are azelaic acid and metronidazole. With these drugs, improvements generally don't appear for three to six weeks.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I understand from the rosacea society that the demotex mites can be responsible if redness and itching are present , as is the case with me , I don't have any blood vessels showing on my face, just some dry scaly patches on my cheeks and nose, sometimes sore and itchy eyes
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

it sounds like you are pretty convinced.

you can get treatment for these dermoxtex mites and see if your rosacea gets better