dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

To Dermatoloist. CHRONIC SKIN CONDITION SINCE JUNE 17 I have

Customer Question

To Dermatoloist.CHRONIC SKIN CONDITION SINCE JUNE 17I have had a chronic skin condition since June, the symptoms are itching and occasional pinpricks -mainly to the lower legs, forearms and hands – the intensity of the itch was severe but after later treatments the itch is now just moderate. I am 79 and not had any skin complaint like this before.I have been referred to several doctors and nurses (in the NHS Shepton Mallet) that resulted in various differing diagnosis and treatments – to the extent that I do appreciate that skin conditions can be difficult to treat! Earlier prescriptions for Daktacort 22.6, Hydrocortusone 9.7, Eumovate 23.8; all made no effect.I have latterly been treated by Doctor Perkin 29.8, who diagnosed Scabies – although photos which were sent earlier by Doctor Swaddler (23.8) to a dermatologist, who diagnosed Eczema. The web site photos of Scabies did not appear to match my condition.Doctor Perkin based his diagnosis of Scabies on 29.8, just on a visual
(rather than the NHS web site - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Scabies/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx - which I understood later he could not do), he prescribed Premethin followed by Eurax. This made a small improvement but after two treatments the condition continued.In a phone Appt on 12.9 Doctor Perkin also agreed to prescribe Malathion (which I was recommended to on a web site) and Elocon (which no effect). I am continuing to use Malathion weekly, since as it seemed to be better than Premethin. But the condition continues.If my condition is scabies, maybe reinfections are occurring due to insufficient treatment of bed lining etc; in this respect I have ordered Premethin spray. I am also trying to obtain Ivermectin (oral pills) from abroad, as they are not available on the NHS.Doctor Perkin has referred me to a NHS dermatologist and have just heard the appointment is 29 Dec 17 - which is why I am seeking to go private.Should I insist that the NHS carry out their test above?Help!!Robert Bracken
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

can you take one for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No - nothing to see
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I gave the full details of my complaint earlier, have you read it?

It is most likely neurodermatitis if there is no rash

so how is it scabies if there is no rash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not happy with the answersGoodbye

why is that?

just click send to reply