Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have bumps around the base of my penis and around the

I have bumps around the base of my penis and around the bottom of the shaft. They have the composition of skin tags however I have been told by gp’s that they are molluscum. I would like a second opinion if possible? They have been there for around 4 years and do not bleed when shaved over etc. What are they, what treatment do you recommend and when will they disappear if I don’t treat them? I would also like to make sure they are not warts or penile cancer.. Many thanks!

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dr Rick. No the only medical issues I have are that I am asthmatic! Also in a long term relationship, I.e. I do not sleep around!! :-)

Those look like warts, not molluscum.

I'd get a second opinion from a dermatologist.

Make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have been there for around 4 years. Is this typical of warts? They do not bleed when irritated either
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have also seen a GP (doctor) twice who has told me they are not warts but possibly molluscum or fordyce spots
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Rick are you there?

Hi I'm Dr Chip

You asked for another expert

They aren't HPV--gential warts

They do, however, look like mollscum

Since you've had them for this long it isn't likely they'll go away on their own

They can be treated by a dermatologist either with topical tretinoin cream or with a cold CO2 laser

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I saw my GP would they be able to prescribe me tretinoin cream or would I need to see a dermatologist especially? Thanks

Your GP can give you the script

Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems