Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

I have a Canon S95 and the camera will not start and a message

Customer Question

I have a Canon S95 and the camera will not start and a message appears saying there is a lens problem and it shuts down. Am I able to get this repaired as it appears that there are similar problems with the same type of camera with many other people.

many thanks

Lawson Wood
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.

Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

Yes, the camera is very repairable. It may require a component replacement or even a new lens assembly but most repair shops would be more than happy to do this for you.

Repair prices vary from shop to shop and are usually most expensive when done by the factory so it is best to call a few repair shops in advance to get the best price possible. Below is a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which
should be in your area and able to help you.

http://www.acecam.com/srindex.html