hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

canonixus117hs lens will not retract--message---lens error

Customer Question

canonixus117hs
lens will not retract--message---lens error will shut automatically restart camera
cannot make this work
help please [email protected]
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I am himadri.I want to solve your problem.

Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck and try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only and let me know the result...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

done as requested--no change

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 4 years ago.
When you turn off your camera then the lens is stuck out side or not ?
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 4 years ago.
Place the camera flat on its back on a table, pointed at the ceiling. Press and hold the shutter button down, and at the same time press the power-on button. The idea is that the camera will try to autofocus while the lens is extending, hopefully seating the lens barrel guide pins back into their slots and let me know the result..