hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

I have a canon 1DS mk III digital SLR. Recently the camera

Customer Question

I have a canon 1DS mk III digital SLR. Recently the camera started powering off and staying off for anything from a couple of hours to a day or so. I have 3 batteries and it seems to do the same thing with all 3 batteries. It has been suggested that it could be the charger or it could be the camera. The problem is that it is very intermittent. I have tried the batteries with another 1DS after a shut down and the second 1DS operates OK. Any idea where the problem lies?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am himadri.I want to solve your problem.

Unfortunately what you have described indicates that the problem seems to be with the main circuit board of your camera it is not getting the power supply properly that's you are facing this type of problem.

Is your camera under warranty ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not under warranty as it is 5 years old. What I have noticed is that when the power fails (and the battery is still almost fully charged) if I swap batteries it usually powers on again - but not always. It is a very frustrating problem as it is so intermittent. Are you sure it is the main circuit board and if so any idea how much it will cost to have fixed?

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
Yes, the problem seems to be with your camera main circuit board...

On the other hand the repairing cost is too high all most a new camera price...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The camera cost $8,000. Are you telling me that the cost of repair is almost $8,000?

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 3 years ago.
No , no, ! The repairing cost $ 350to $450 app....