Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Im a beginner ... Using my CANON EOS 600D, I took some RAW

I'm a beginner ... Using my CANON EOS 600D, I took some RAW photos in monochrome on the Av setting, then transferred them to my laptop. The photo icons appear in B&W alright, but when I click on them, they appear full screen in COLOUR !! I want to be able to print them in B&W ... so my question is ... what do I need to do to be able to print them in B&W? Any help would be appreciated.
Kind regards,

Dennis Reynaud,
Lucan,
Co.Dublin.
[email protected]
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer to your question depends upon what sort of computer (- whether Windows of some sort, or an Apple/MAC OS X computer- ) you have the pictures on - and also, just possibly, the printer (maker and model #) you are printing them on.

Please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Toshiba laptop.

Running WINDOWS 8.

My printer is HP Deskjet 3070A.

Thank you for the information, Dennis.

There is usually an option (in the driver or software for any color printer nowadays) for Monochrome Printing or 'Print In Black Ink Only', which is to be sought as follows:

Click on the Start button, then on Control Panel, then on (Devices and) Printers.

Look for your HP printer's icon in the printers list.

Right-click upon your HP printer's icon, and choose 'Properties'.

In the Properties sheet, look through the tabs and the settings, for an option called either
Monochrome Print
or
Print In Black Ink Only.
When that setting is enabled, and the changed setting saved by clicking on OK until the Properties sheet closes, your printer will render an image that appears on your screen in color, in black-and-white.

If this isn't what you are looking for - it's possible, I think, that you might be more concerned with the RAW file being in color - then let me know, what is the program name in the title bar at the top of the window that shows the RAW file in color. With that information I will advise you further.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.