carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Canon PIXMA MP560 Printer

Customer Question

I have a Canon PIXMA MP560 Printer. I print from my computer, and am using the correct chipped inject cartridges, two of which are running low, but I'm sure not enough to be causing my current problems. Most documents and pictures that I send to print come out only very faintly and illegibly, and with some files I get the message that the printer is not responding. The odd Adobe file seems to print more or less satisfactorily. I'm also having problems scanning. I would be grateful for your advice. Janet Mutch   e-mail address: [email protected]

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Janet,

Thank You for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Are you using genuine canon cartridges? Refilled cartridges can cause a range of problems with printers from poor print quality to blocked print heads.

What is the print quality like when you copy a document on the printer without using the computer?

I am trying to establish whether the printer is at fault or it is the computer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carl

Thank you. I do get my cartriges from a discount company and they each say for use with Canon 630/980/620 + iP3600/iP4600 for the large black and cost £1.64 each and £2.14 for the large black.

When I copy a document which is a mixture of colour and black and white text just using the printer, it copies the colour well and also the black text, but not quite so well.

I've also tried printing the same document from my computer, and it prints the colour, but not the black text.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

I do think the cartridges are a problem maybe a problem, it could be you have a faulty or poor quality set.

I would suggest trying a printhead clean of the printer.

A guide from canon is here.

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MP_series/PIXMA_MP560.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:13-670280&page=1&type=faq

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Carl

I'll get back to you when I've got a new set of cartridges. I've done the deep cleaning once and it hasn't worked, but it does say I need to replace the magenta one. It is printing in all colours I try, but still not in black.

Janet

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Janet,

I look forward to hearing from you when you have the new cartridges.

Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Carl

Just to let you know that I've now got my replacement cartridges, I've done the deep cleaning of the printhead twice (24 hours apart). I've also printed the nozzle test twice. There are 3 shades of cyan, 3 of magenta, one yellow and one small black (comes out as grey) and are all solid colours. The large black (PGBK) comes out like graph paper.

Could I have your further advice, please.

Janet

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Janet,

I am sorry but it sounds like the print head is at fault if you have changed the cartridges.

You could try removing the print head and cleaning it with some isopropyl alcohol that will dissolve any ink that has dried on the head and is cause a blocked head.

There is a print head cleaning kit available here.

http://www.printheadhospital.co.uk/canon-printhead-cleaning-kit.html