Richard, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
46422908

Canon EOS D600. Canon EOS D500 When in Live View, the shutter

Customer Question

Canon EOS D600.
Canon EOS D500

When in Live View, the shutter will not operate.
Depress shutter button half way: the autofocus system works. Depress button fully: the autofocus "hunts" continuously and no picture is taken. This is the same in all shooting modes except Movies. In this mode, Depress button: single picture taken and Access Light flashes (camera rear bottom right).

The shutter works fine in Viewfinder mode.

Am I missing something?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Hi. My name is Rick and I am a digital camera professional.

This may be a hardware fault but lets try this and find out.

Lets remove the battery from the camera and then press and hold the power (on/off) button (or slide) for 1 minute. Than release the button, put a fully charged battery back in and see if it fixes it. Let me know how it goes.