Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Hi I have a canon EOS 550D which is working with battery Grip

Customer Question

Hi I have a canon EOS 550D which is working with battery Grip but not working with single battery. Can you help me
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please describe the battery grip you're using that works with the camera.
Please also give me some background on the camera itself.
And mention what sort of batteries you are trying to use with the camera that do not work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am using canon Battery Grip BG-E8. I can hold two batteries in it. The camera seems to work fine when i use the battery grip. But when i use the camera with singele battery,it is not switching ON. i am using LPE8 7.4V Li-ion 1200mAh battery

How do you charge the LPE8 battery or batteries?

Are the batteries used in the grip the same ones or different ones or not rechargeable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All batteries are rechargeable LPE8 batteries and are charged using the canon provided battery charger.

Then your camera must be defective in the battery compartment, or in connections leading off from it.

Open the battery compartment and inspect the terminals that the power is taken off from - are they corroded, dusty, or dirty? giving them a gentle wiping off with a clean pencil eraser or similar non-abrasive cleaning method, might help and is to be tried.

After that, esp. if no fault is noticed in the battery compartment, it must be concluded that the fault is internal and would require servicing. How old is the camera? if it is less than a year old, the servicing should be done by Canon UK free of charge.