Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your digital cameras and camcorders
62924203

Recently inherited a Canon EOS1000 Digital Camera that hadnt

Customer Question

Recently inherited a Canon EOS1000 Digital Camera that hadn't been used for about eighteen months. Charged battery (one new one and the old one) but nothing!!!

Cannot find any dedicated repair shops in or near North London.
Help!!!
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is Thomas and I'm happy to help!

So you've tried two batteries and it still doesn't power on...that isn't good. Try cleaning the battery contacts on the camera with rubbing alcohol that is at least 70% alcohol. It should dry in about 5 minutes. Try both batteries again. If no power, remove the lens and the memory card, then try again. If all else fails it will need to be taken apart by a professional. The closest I can find to your area is http://www.fixationuk.com/, if they aren't within driving distance the camera can be mailed to them for repair. They have several contact numbers on the site, I'll let you choose the one that is best for you.