Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a canon legria fs306 video camera when trying to play

Customer Question

I have a canon legria fs306 video camera when trying to play back says reading the card but does no more. the red access light flashes constantly. if I try to turn it off the message " task inprogress do not disconnect power source" is shown. It stays in this mode until the battery runs out. I can not change the mode without removing the battery
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

It's possible that the camera is having difficulty accessing the card. This could mean that the card has become faulty or that the data on the card is corrupt. If that card is faulty it will need to be replaced (I will provide a link below). However, if the card is OK it may simply need to be formatted. You can do that from the settings menu. Please try formatting the card and using it again. If you cannot format it in the camera, you can put it into a computer with a compatible card reader and format it there, then try it in the camera. If this doesn't work, you may need to replace the card. Here is a suitable replacement card:

32GB Memory Card for Canon LEGRIA FS306 digital camera/camcorder / Class 10 32GB Memory Card for Canon LEGRIA FS306 digital camera/camcorder / Class 10

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

SQ10