Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a fuji finepix F550EXR camera registered 1BQ70671 which

Customer Question

I have a fuji finepix F550EXR camera registered 1BQ70671 which I think is out of warranty. It has developed a fault of not contiuing taking photos. I have removed the battery to enable return to settings but this has failed to fix the problem
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

As for whether the FujiFilm FinePix you are asking about is out of warranty, if it was purchased over one year ago, then it is out of warranty for sure, I would think.

How exactly does it not continue to take photos? does it refuse to take any, or does it shut down when you try to take one picture, or does some error message come up?

Some of these types of problems may be treatable... so let me know the details of its failure, and I will have suggestions to make that might be useful, I hope. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, as the three batteries i have been using are all over six months this is probably the reason. i will get new batteries asap.

I have unfortunately lost my users booklet for Finepix F550EXR. Can you supply a further copy or advise me where to get one.

Much obliged

davie duncan

By all means, try one new battery (or battery pack) and tell me how it goes (once you have fully and thoroughly charged up the new/replacement battery - a battery fresh from the store often requires a longer charge-up time...)

As for the FujiFilm F550EXR camera user's booklet:
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/#f

- a web page that you will be glad to close, very connection- and CPU-intensive compared to most - has an 'OK' button to download the manual for the F500EXR/F550EXR, about halfway or 2/3 of the way down the left column on that page.

Please rate my Answer - hopefully favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question.
(Or, if you'd rather wait to rate until you see how the new battery does, that's fine too!)