Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Canon MV600i. Will not eject tapes. Tape rises to position

Customer Question

Canon MV600i. Will not eject tapes. Tape rises to position but will not move sideways to extract the cassette. Also, is it possible to rewind mini DVM60 tapes outside the camera as there seems to be a locking device on the cassettes.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Hi. My name is Rick. I'm a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today, but I'll need a little more information first.

You say the tape mechanism rises but will not open. Does it retract back into the camcorder?

Rick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it retracts within 6 seconds without my doing anything.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

It sounds like there may be some obstruction preventing the carriage from reaching the top. There is a mechanical trigger to release the cassette compartment which, if not broken, automatically opens when the carriage rises fully. To be honest with you, It's going to need to be looked at by a technician. It is repairable but it is complicated. This is a job for someone who does this for a living. Below is a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which should be in your area and able to help you.

http://www.acecam.com/uk-camera-repair.html

Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.
Just a quick follow-up to see if I can be of further assistance.