Richard, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience working on all forms of electronics and cameras both film and digital.
46422908

JX 400 camera which has shut down

Customer Question

I have a fujifilm JX 400 camera which has shut down and is not responding even though put on charge. I have spoken to your head office who have referred me to your Leeds office. Leeds office is saying that as I cannot remember where or when I purchased the camera, they cannot help. Can you please assist. I am looking for a manual so that I can work out why the camera does not charge. Is it possible that the battery has expired or am I a piece of kit missing in the charging link?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My nsme is Rick and I am a digital camera professional.

The most likely problem is that the battery has a bad cell in it and replacing is all you need. You said you wanted a manual for it and you can get it at this LINK.
Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can get this information without having to pay £15.00. I have previously been on the site which allows me to download this manual but it is a lengthy and confusing document. I was hoping for a conversation which would allow me to go through the problem with a view to solving it

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Aside from the battery there is one other thing we can try.

Lets remove the battery from the camera and then press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute. Than release the button, put a fully charged battery back in and see if it fixes it. Let me know how it goes. While you have the battery out clean the terminals in the compartment and also remove the storage card if you have one in the camera.

Let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The battery does not appear to be removable.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I will close this out for you.