Nick H.
Nick H., Hobbyist
Experience:  Working with Digital Cameras for the last 5 years.
63271161

I have a Cannon IXUS and on opening the lens, which moves out

Customer Question

I have a Cannon IXUS and on opening the lens, which moves out normally, the shutter flaps (not sure if thats the correct word) fail to open. Is this mechanical or in the software?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

I am sorry that your camera is not working. Please turn your camera off and on. Test again. If not, turn off and remove battery. Wait for 5 minutes. Put back and test again.

If still not working, this is Hardware/Mechanical issue. If your camera is under a year, it is under warranty. You can call Canon Support to have your camera sent in for repairs or get a replacement camera.

If OVER A YEAR OLD, it is out of warranty. Please bring your camera to local camera repair shop to get it fixed.

Nick