Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My cannon 650d was accidenttally drop to water, i mannaged

Customer Question

My cannon 650d was accidenttally drop to water, i mannaged to tear it down and dry the PCB, assembled again try to turn on but the display is in red letters saying. Changed The Battery Pack, the battery is 100% okay. Is it the software is affected?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It wont be the software, but on the contacts for the battery pack, scratch them contacts with a sharp knife to remove any calcium build up from the water, that can cause this problem.

Do this and Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i ve done it already i cleaned the batterry contacts connected to pcb and i borrowed my sister batterry pack still doesnt turn on,

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Then the mainboard has faulted Ian, due to the water damage.

It will be a component on the board that has shorted out, and is not detecting the battery correctly.

They do not sell these seperately sorry (it is not economically feasible) and will require the Cannon to be replaced sorry.

you can attempt a warranty claim if the water damage is not apparent (you would have seen this when taking it apart)

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

any websites that you can recomend i would like to buy the power supply PCB

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Amazon will always have the best prices and I have this link for you Ian

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-ACK-E8-Adapter-Digital-Camera/dp/B0037NZ2MI

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How many question im allowed to? Do i pay in every question?

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
It is per a question.

You can make as many messages as needed in that question.

But if you have a new question, you need to make a new one from it Ian,

If you would like any additional information or assistance on this question, please do not hesitate to let me know.