Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a MP830 printer. It is sending an error message 5c10.

I have a MP830 printer. It is sending an error message 5c10. I have tried switching off, unplugging and re-starting but without success. Do you have any advice please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Check for paper jam anywhere in the machine.. look inside, rear, where the paper tray (output) is, etc to see if you find any shreds or torn paper that may have gotten stuck and you didn't see.

Double check that your ink tanks are new and seated right too

Also be sure that your scanner is UNLOCKED...
With the machine turned OFF:
Open the document cover, look on the tray where the glass is -- and then look to the LEFT side of the glass and you will see pictures of an opened lock and a closed lock and a little switch...
Make sure the switch is next to the UNLOCKED position.
WAIT 10 seconds and then turn the unit back on.

If you STILL have the error code, try these two types of resets:

To clear the memory:
On the operator panel, press and hold the button for one second. (The display will go blank.)

Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the button again.

Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.
To do a stop/reset:

To clear error messages displayed on the LCD or if the printer is not functioning as expected, it may be necessary to simultaneously press Stop/Reset and ON/OFF buttons.
With the printer powered on, PRESS AND HOLD DOWN the button then press the ON/OFF button.

Once the printer is powered off, hold down and then press .

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried all that and no joy. Still same error message.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Neil

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

We have ruled out all other causes for this issue, and it is the actual board itself that is faulting.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks Richard. I guess I thought that might be the case.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome Neil.

Hindsight is 20/20 and a lot of times, the instructions I gave resolves it, just bad luck sorry.

Let me know if you need anything else please.